The Tea Clipper Thermopylae sister ship to the Salamis.
Owners: White Star Line. Built in Aberdeen in 1865 for the tea trade, Thermopylae was a composite construction, iron frames with teak planking. This ship held many records and. remained in the tea trade for 13 years. It was then in the Australian wool trade for 8 years, after which it was sold to Canada and carried rice for 5 years between Rangoon and Canada. The Portuguese bought her for a training ship, and after 12 year’s service their Navy used her for target practice in 1907, sinking her with torpedoes.
Model: David Edwards. Construction of Thermopylae is of pine planks on plywood frames to a scale of 1:48.